11 May 2011

Nailed Slovakia in a day. They like concrete in Bratislava. The buildings are concrete, the paths are concrete, the bins are concrete, I suspect even the Internet is made of concrete. Anyway we didn't stick around and headed straight for Hungary where they have tescos, a lot of tescos.

The back end of my bike is slowly falling apart, in France the rack fell off, in Austria the derailleur fell off and in Hungary during some basic maintenance I managed to destroy my back brake. After cycling for three days with just the front one I decided to get it fixed in Budapest. Cycled all over town looking for a bike shop before stumbling across an old man fixing bikes at the side of the road. 10 minutes later, after some huffing and puffing and bashing it with a spanner he had completely destroyed it, for which he kindly charged me nothing. While cycling back considering the option of cycling through Romania and Bulgaria with one brake I found a bike shop about 200m from our campsite. Couldn't work out if I was annoyed, overjoyed or just embarrassed, anyway the brake now works.

While I was away Lizzie bumped in to Tim Westwood who kindly pimped her bike, I was surprised he stopped at an engine and a spare seat and didn't even consider any pegs or spokey dokeys.




Going to Serbia in a couple of days. Don't suspect there will be much Internet until we hit the black sea.

Kleinesgarten,
Ed

Location:Budapest

1 comment: